Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hey all.  Here is me and my favorite baby.  We are best buddies. Mostly because I make her hang out with me all day....but I'll take it.

Cute ponytail!  She cried the whole time I put the elastic in her hair, she was so mad.  But as ridiculous as it looks it was worth it.
Last weekend we were able to make a trip to Vortex Springs in Florida so Jordan could go scuba diving with some of his flight school buddies.  It was fun, me and Pyper just hung out in the grass and soaked up some sun.  The picture on the left is on the way home I was feeding her cheetos then I turned around and she had crashed with her precious cheeto in hand.  Girl after my own heart!

SO we have had some crazy weather this week...This is the first of two trees to break and fall in our backyard from the wind.  Just today we were sitting in sacrament meeting when the tornado sirens went off.  Everyone just kept on churchin.  Kinda funny.  They went off several times during the 3 hour block.  Fortunately, the tornados stayed away from us but we did have some crazy heavy rain and thunder that shook the house when we got home.  Alabama is crazy!

This is Pyper's latest trick she likes to do.  I will ask her 'Where's your belly?" and she points enthusiastically at her belly usually with both hands with a huge grin on her face.  We just can't get enough of her, what a cute girl.

Saved this turtles life the other day.  He was sitting in the road on my way back from post, so we stopped and moved him off so he wouldn't get run over.  I have seen quite a bit of wildlife here.  Last week I was out for a bike ride in the early morning and a coyote sauntered out on the road about 50 yards in front of me.  He didn't see me I guess so I hissed and barked at him and he turned and jogged back into the forest.  Made me laugh.

I was out for a run at dusk and was inspired by the full moon.  Alabama is beautiful in it's own way.  I wish you could hear the sound of the forest around here, especially at dusk. It so loud with all sorts of creatures! I was feeling like Ichabod on sleepy hollow right here, kinda spooky!


This is my attempt at a photoshoot for Pyper's 1st birthday.  The lighting was bad, I need to try again earlier in the day.  I also made the tutu dress.  How gay I know, but I'm a nerdy mom now.  Icky!







This is Pyper's first taste of the wind in her hair in her forward facing seat.  She was freaking out and squealing with glee!  She loves facing forward. 


And finally to finish things off right...She discovered her nose a couple weeks ago and just sat and put her finger in her nostrils back and forth for quite a while.  Me and Jordan were dying!  She is definitely a Watt!  Hahahahahaha.

1 comment:

David and Jessica said...

Oh...so many things to say! She's the stinking cutest kid ever! I LOVE the nose pic. Love it! I'm just sad I never got to witness it myself :) Your talk about going for bike rides and early runs makes me miss/hate you :) I miss working out together so much. The motivation/higher altitude/crazy life now that we're back home is to blame. I finally bought my bike today, so hopefully that will change....for the better :) Hope you're all doing well. Miss you guys. See you SOON!!!!